Viruses weaken our immunity and lead to the unwanted complications if not treated with the effective drug. Zovirax can help to fight viruses both safely and effectively. However, there are certain rules on how to take it the right way to recover fast. Following the instructions, you will be able to fight dangerous virus successfully. So, find out how the drug can help you.
What Is Zovirax?
This is a virostatic drug containing dynamic fixing acyclovir. Acyclovir is an engineered substance, which resembles the structure to guanine (a constituent piece of nucleic acids, is correlative to cytosine), while collaborating with particular chemicals, acyclovir is changed over into a pharmacologically dynamic substance. In cells contaminated with infections, a particular protein, thymidine kinase, is created, which, through a few compound responses, changes over acyclovir into acyclovir triphosphate. Because of immersion of the cytoplasm of the tainted cell with acyclovir triphosphate, replication of DNA of infections happens, which prompts interruption of ordinary infection augmentation and the arrangement of nonviable viral units.
The component of activity of the medication depends on its auxiliary comparability with deoxyguanosine triphosphate, because of which there is a focused supplanting of the nucleotide with acyclovir triphosphate amid the blend of viral DNA. The medication does not influence solid cells of the body, since they do not have the catalyst thymidine kinase and acyclovir stays inert shape. What’s more, the centralizations of acyclovir in tainted cells are altogether higher than in sound cells. The medication shows virostatic action as for herpes simplex infection compose I and II, an infection that causes varicella. Acyclovir is reasonably active against cytomegaloviruses.
When Can Zovirax Help You?
- Treatment of diseases of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the herpes simplex infection, including essential and intermittent genital herpes;
- Avoidance of repeat of diseases caused by the herpes simplex infection in patients with ordinary insusceptible status;
- Anticipation of diseases caused by the herpes simplex infection in patients with immunodeficiency;
- Treatment of varicella and herpes zoster;
- Treatment of patients with extreme immunodeficiency, principally with late phases of HIV disease (the quantity of CD4 + cells is under 200/mm in patients with AIDS or serious signs of AIDS-related complex) and patients who experienced bone marrow transplantation. Studies have demonstrated that consolidated treatment with Zovirax and antiretroviral drugs (basically zidovudine by mouth) essentially decreases mortality in patients with cutting edge AIDS and bone marrow transplant patients.
Dosages and Rules of Taking Zovirax
Zovirax tablets can be taken with foods, as eating does not disregard its assimilation to an expansive degree. Tablets ought to be washed down with a full glass of water. Treatment of diseases caused by the herpes simplex infection in grown-ups: For the treatment of contaminations caused by the herpes simplex infection, the prescribed measurement of Zovirax is 200 mg 5 times each day like clockwork, with the exception of amid the night rest. Normally the course of treatment is 5 days, however, it can be longer with more serious diseases.
If there should be an occurrence of extreme immunodeficiency (for instance, after bone marrow transplantation) or with an infringement of assimilation from the digestive tract, the measurement of Zovirax for oral organization might be expanded to 400 mg 5 times each day.
Treatment ought to be begun at the earliest opportunity after the beginning of contamination; with backslides the medication is prescribed in the prodromal period or with the presence of the principal components of the rash.
3 Cases When You Can Be Contraindicated to Zovirax
Check contraindications before using the drug, otherwise, you may experience unwanted reactions from the side of different body systems:
- Zovirax is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to acyclovir or valaciclovir.
- Zovirax should be used with caution in case of dehydration and kidney failure.
- Zovirax in tableted dosage form is not used in children under 3.
Start taking the drug when noticing the first signs of the disease to fight the virus quickly and effectively.